Digital transformation is a popular phrase that we have all heard and happens when a company uses technology to radically change the way it runs its departments or the practice of doing business with its customers and partners. When we talk about digital transformation, it is all about change. The process, on the other hand, is merely a digitization, a technology upgrade or a digital enablement if it is just the legacy workflows being replaced with no change, improvement or efficiency gain.
With digital transformation consulting (DTC), it is commonly about determining the cost effective and advanced methods of achieving business goals through using innovations in different technology stacks. Assignments require both management and technical skills with an ability to work in collaborative teams. It is why we emphasize the following statement in our homepage:
As management consultants, we help our clients set the right goals; and as technology consultants, we show them how to reach those goals. We love rolling up our sleeves and working alongside our clients to create and implement successful business solutions.
Upper management support (leaderships, boards, etc.) is also very critical for the success of digital transformations. IT managers can’t govern these initiatives alone. To us, it is like a flying bird where both wings should be flapped in a harmony. Technology chosen is one wing while executive level backing behind these projects has to be the other wing. If there is only one, the progression would be off diagonal.
Along with extensive understanding of digital economy and significant experience with many digital transformation projects, we at Digiant Group have been helping our customers deliver better services and business processes. Examples of recent related assignments that we have successfully completed last year are:
- Provided CIO/CTO advisory services to the corporates
- Crafted custom BI reporting and dashboard solutions
- Added an e-commerce capability to an existing website
- Built corporate intranets and extranets from scratch
- Evaluated and implemented a complete ITSM solution
- Designed online and SMS based appointment system
- Initiated several online marketing setups and projects
- Upgrade of a legacy CRM system to a newer alternative
- Implemented an Identity Management (IDM) solution
- Redesigned customer support with wikis and chats
- Migrated databases from local servers to cloud options
- Built better resource allocation and backup policies
- Provided better vendor and TPA management strategies
- Standardized IT procurements, SLAs and warranties
All these projects and several other similar efforts sound thrilling, and they can definitely improve the ways businesses are carried on. However, at the same time, improper and untimely adoption of them may disrupt organizations. Companies have to carefully progress the path towards digital transformation with a strategy to minimize its challenges and to leverage its strengths.
If you are ready to jump, we are here to help!